Research on acupuncture for back painResearch from the University of Maryland School of Medicine analyzed dozens of studies around the world on 'acupuncture and back pain'. The conclusion is that, "research showed acupuncture to be clearly effective at providing considerable and true pain relief".
How acupuncture works for back pain
- Increases local blood flow to the area
- Releases endorphins, which is a natural way your body relieves pain to feel good
- Activates the body's natural healing mechanism to repair connective tissue
- Helps the body to shed toxins (which can contribute to a sluggish recovery) and therefore resets the natural healing process
- Reduces inflammation, which can be the key to unblocking back pain
Acupuncture treatment for back painAcupuncture can provide safe and gentle healing solution you are looking for. There are very few negative side effects to acupuncture. In fact, most of my patients are surprised with the positive side effects of acupuncture. In addition to pain relief, my patients regularly report:
- How relaxed and good they feel
- Improved energy levels
- Improved sleep quality
If you suffer from back pain and are looking for a more integrative way to heal your body, contact your Registered Acupuncturist.