Chiropractic Topic of the Day
Welcome to Chiropractic Services by Dr. Michael Horowitz
What brought you to our office? Was it Pain, Discomfort, Stress or Tension? Was it the desire to learn about better posture? Are you looking for ways to reduce stress & keep your spine flexible & well-aligned for years to come?
5-Things to Expect from Chiropractic Care
(1) Less Pain & Discomfort
(2) Feeling Taller & Straighter
(3) Having more Flexibility & Mobility
(4) Having more Energy
(5) Sleeping Better
Welcome SPINAL HYGIENE! (How to prevent poor posture & future back problems)
(1) Regular Physical Exercise is like brushing
(2) Frequent Stretching is like flossing
(3) Occasional Chiropractic Spinal Check-Ups is like visiting your dentist
SPINAL NEGLECT- allowing accumulation of STRESS/TENSION in the SPINE.
- Chronic Poor Posture
- Recurring Pain/Discomfort/Stiffness/Achiness
- Long Term effect: DJD/DDD (Arthritis) of the Spine – PREVENTABLE!!
The Spine has 3 very important Functions
- Protection (the nervous system)
The Nervous System also has 3 very important Functions
- Adaptation (to stress)
7-Types of STRESS (it’s just stress!)
- Physical, Chemical, Emotional, Occupational, Postural, Relationship & Finance
STRESS accumulates as TENSION. TENSION leads to DISCOMFORT; DISCOMFORT can become PAIN (numbness, tingling, weakness, symptoms)
5-Shock Absorbing Systems of the Body
- Foot Arches, Knees, Hips, Spinal Discs
- According Shape of the Spine
Spinal stiffness or misalignment caused by the accumulation of STRESS/TENSION, often causing a “pinched nerve” that if neglected can directly lead to symptoms such as pain, discomfort & general achiness.
The Game Plan (3-Phases of Chiropractic-Care )
(A) Acute Care – let’s get rid of your symptoms!! P/D = 2x4, S/T = 1x6
(B) Rehabilitation Care – feeling better but the spine needs encouragement to hold alignment. P/D = 1x6, S/T = every 2nd week.
(C) Maintenance Care – monthly check-ups to release TENSION & prevent accumulation of STRESS. It’s part of SPINAL HYGIENE!
ERGONOMICS – the science of designing the job, equipment, and workplace to fit the worker.
- 90-Degree Rule, the Seat, Computer Monitor, Telephone/Headset, Laptops, the Mouse. Foot Rest. Posture, Symmetry, Alignment.
7-Habits of Highly Healthy People
- Love & Friendship
- Stress Management
- Spinal Hygiene (Flexible Spine & Powerful Nervous System)
Spinal Health Tips –
THANK YOU in ADVANCE: Dr. Michael Horowitz appreciates you sharing your good experiences with friends & family. If you feel like chiropractic has helped you please share this with others. Chiropractic, Massage, Orthotic, Acupuncture & Personal Training services are all available.